Officer Presence Elevated – Kingston Police
OFFICER PRESENCE INCREASED
An instructional strategy passed off final week the place the Kingston Police and associate businesses, together with By-law, spoke to Queen’s college students in regards to the significance of protected, accountable and lawful celebrations. Sadly, this didn’t happen in the course of the “Fauxcoming” this previous weekend.
As businesses serving the Kingston group, we don’t settle for that any pupil occasion ought to lead to critical accidents and/or fines. Do your half and lead by instance.
- We noticed critical and unacceptable behaviour that resulted in life-altering accidents for one individual, quite a few fines and arrests. Assist others make selections they received’t remorse for homecoming.
- We all know Queen’s Homecoming is a crucial custom, and we ask that you simply take part lawfully, and safely.
- You’ve labored arduous to be right here. Let’s present Kingston your management and the way a lot you care about your group.
Police Liaison Workforce (PLT) officers will proactively have interaction Kingston group residents this week, main as much as Homecoming weekend, October 29, 2022.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY
Public security is the primary precedence, and officers might be imposing the legislation with restricted discretion. See under for a listing of fines
LIST OF FINES AND OFFENCES
Administrative Financial Penalty (AMP) – Metropolis of Kingston
An AMP is a effective issued by the Metropolis of Kingston for a Bylaw Violation
- Yelling, shouting, and so on. – $100 penalty
- Amplification of sound – $200 penalty (at any time)
- Hinder – $500 (refuse to offer identify, give false identify)
- Nuisance Social gathering – $2000
- Fail to adjust to an order to go away premises – $500
Nuisance Social gathering
A gathering (at a residence or public place) the place any a number of of:
(a) public intoxication;
(b) distribution of alcoholic drinks
(c) deposit of refuse on public or non-public property;
(d) harm to public or non-public property;
(e) obstruction of vehicular or pedestrian visitors,
(f) sound that’s uncommon or extreme, together with loud music or shouting;
(g) open burning or fireworks;
(h) public fights;
(i) public urination or
(j) entry upon a roof
Liquor Licence Management Act (LLCA) – Provincial Laws
- Having liquor in open container unauthorized place
- Being intoxicated in public place
- Individual beneath 19 years having liquor
Through the College District Security Initiative (UDSI), individuals charged with offences towards the LLCA are required to attend a compulsory court docket look and will face elevated fines which are above legislative set fines.